Canada has a lot of great cell phone carriers. Among them are Telus, Rogers, Virgin Mobile, and the focus of this article, Bell.
Regardless of which carrier you have, there’s a high chance you have something called a carrier lock. In short, this lock means you are restricted to a single carrier. So, if you have a Bell phone, you won’t be able to insert a SIM card from Virgin Mobile.
Usually, to remove this lock you’ll need access to the account which the device is registered too. That being said, in some cases users don’t have the account. That’s why we’re going to show you how to unlock Bell phone without account.
Part 1. Before Bell Phone Unlock
Before you try to unlock your Bell phone you need to make sure it isn’t on a blacklist. This is important because there’s no way to unlock a blacklisted device.
Even if you pay for a removal service, it won’t work if the device is blacklisted. How do you check? Simple! Just use WipeLock IMEI Checker, which provides features like:
- Checks if your phone is on a blacklist, has a carrier lock, if it is covered by AppleCare+, and more important details
- Can check IMEIs of any iOS, Samsung, and LG devices
- All IMEI checks are done manually by experts (other checker tools use generated reports!)
- 100% accuracy guaranteed – definitively find out if your phone is on a blacklist
- Everyone who uses the IMEI checker will also receive a free guide to unlock their device
After you submit your device’s IMEI to the WipeLock IMEI Checker, you’ll receive a report.
In the report, you’ll find out a lot of important details. This includes whether or not the device is on a blacklist and thus, whether it’s possible to unlock it.
Part 2. How to Unlock Bell Phone without Account?
When it comes to someone who wants to unlock Bell phone without account, the best thing to do is use a service. One website, in particular, delivers an effective service – DirectUnlocks.
This website is more than capable of unlocking phones and comes with a long list of features.
- Unlock Bell iPhone/Samsung/ZTE/Huawei/LG/HTC, and more.
- Supports removing hundreds of carriers in countries all over the world
- Carrier locks are disabled in as little as 6 hours
- A completely legal process that doesn’t void your device’s warranty
- Permanently unlock your phone from Bell Canada
We have no doubts that this is the best service on the market. It’s very easy to use, offers reasonable pricing, and has a quick turnaround.
Don’t take our word for it, see how easy it is to unlock your Bell phone.
Step 1 – Go to the DirectUnlocks Bell Networks unlock page.
Step 2 – Select Bell Canada from the list of networks and enter your phone’s IMEI number. To find the IMEI, dial *#06#.
Step 3 – After you click on Unlock for any SIM card, agree to the terms of service.
Step 4 – Once you’ve submitted your order, you will receive a confirmation email and when the unlock is complete you will be notified.
- For Bell iPhone: they will unlock it automatically for you within 24-hour
- For Android Phones: they will send you a Bell unlock code and instructions to you within 6-hour
We tested this service with our Samsung Galaxy S6 and had successfully unlocked it with the unlock code they sent:
As you can tell, this is a really straightforward process. It only takes a few minutes for users to place an order and within less than a day, their phone will be unlocked from Bell.
Better yet – you don’t need to have the Bell account either!
Part 3. How to Unlock Bell Phone with Account (Free Unlock Code Generator)
If you’re lucky enough to have the account, you can use that to unlock your Bell phone free. This method involves getting an unlock code directly from Bell.
1. What Are the Eligibility Requirements to Unlock a Phone from Bell?
Even if you have the Bell account, it isn’t guaranteed that requesting an unlock code will help. To be able to receive an unlock code, you have to meet each of these requirements:
- The phone’s carrier lock should be specifically for the Bell network
- The phone can’t be blacklisted (e.g. if it has been listed as stolen)
- The Bell account can’t be in bad standing (there shouldn’t be any outstanding bills)
- The phone has to be compatible with HSPA/LTE networks
It’s also important to note that your Bell phone might already be unlocked.
If you bought your iPhone after the 1st of January 2014, it will be unlocked. Similarly, any other phone bought after the 30th of November 2017 will be unlocked.
2. How Much Does Bell Charge to Unlock a Phone?
There’s some good news.
You don’t have to pay, as long as you are eligible to request an unlock from Bell (based on the requirements we listed above). Phones registered to Bell are unlocked for free and with no hidden fees.
3. How Long Does it Take Bell to Unlock a Phone?
How long the unlock takes to be processed can vary. Factors such as how many requests are currently being processed need to be taken into account.
However, most of the time you can expect your phone to be unlocked within 7 days of submitting a request.
4. Why You Should Unlock Your Bell Phone?
Some people are happy to have their phone locked to a carrier. These people aren’t interested in trying to unlock Bell phone without account.
Setting that aside, there are a number of reasons why we’d recommend users should unlock their phone.
- Connect to different carriers. The biggest benefit is that you can connect to almost any other network. Bell is a GSM network so you can connect to any other carrier that uses a GSM network. You can’t connect to carriers using a CDMA network though.
- Choose from a wider selection of data plans. Since you are able to connect to various networks, you can get a better deal on your data plan. You aren’t limited to just Bell data plans and have more freedom over your choice.
- Selling your old phone is easier. Having an unlocked phone is a great selling point. When you sell a locked phone, only people with a Bell SIM card will be interested. Also, if someone without a Bell SIM card wants to buy your phone, they need to pay extra to get it unlocked.
- Make international fees cheaper. Carriers have varying price plans. If you plan on travelling, you can find the carrier that offers the cheapest international fees.
There are so many benefits to unlocking your phone. Even if you don’t want to switch to another carrier, keep the rest of these benefits in mind.
5. How to Obtain a Bell Unlock Code?
So, what do you have to do to get your hands on an unlock code? Since you have the account, getting an unlock code is relatively easy.
Step 1 – Navigate to the MyBell page using a web browser and sign in with your account.
Step 2 – Make your way to the carrier unlock page and type the device’s IMEI number. If you don’t know what the IMEI number is, dial *#06# or locate it in the Settings app.
Step 3 – After submitting the IMEI and unlock code request, wait for the code to be sent to you.
Step 4 – When you receive the code, you’ll also be given instructions on how to enter the code to finish unlocking your phone.
Once the code has been entered, you can insert SIM cards from other carriers without issue. If you have the Bell account then use this free method (unless you’re in a rush, since it takes up to 7 days).
That brings our guide to an end and hopefully you can unlock your phone easily now.
If you want to unlock Bell phone without account then use DirectUnlocks. This service is incredibly effective and unlocks phones very quickly.
If you’re lucky and do have the Bell account, the process is even easier for you. First make sure you’re eligible to request an unlock, then submit your request.
Unlocking any phone is easy to do and comes with so many benefits, which is why we’d recommend all smartphone owners consider doing it.