It’s not unusual for iPhone users to look at ways to unlock their device, but if you want to unlock Straight Talk iPhone then you’re in for a journey. Of all service providers, unlocking an iPhone from Straight Talk has proven to be one of the hardest. But not to worry, we have a few solutions to try out.
- Part 1. How to Unlock Straight Talk iPhone Through Carrier Request
- Part 2. Alternative Methods to Unlock Straight Talk iPhone
- #1 – Unlock with Software (Temporary)
- #2 – Unlock Through Hardware Unlocking (High Risk)
- #3 – Unlock with IMEI Straight Talk iPhone Unlock Service (Best Choice!)
- Part 3. Top 2 IMEI Straight Talk iPhone Unlock Service
The solutions mentioned in this article are available to unlock Straight Talk iPhone 4/4s/5/5s/5c/6/6s/SE/7/8/X/XR/XS/11.
How to Unlock Straight Talk iPhone Through Carrier Request
Your first option is to get in touch with the carrier directly. Before talking about the details, you need to learn the Straight Talk iPhone unlock policy.
Straight Talk iPhone Unlock Policy
In accordance with Straight Talk iPhone unlock policy, there are 4 conditions you must meet to unlock your iPhone through them:
- Your iPhone must have been under Straight Talk activation for at least 12 months
- Your iPhone must not be stolen or related to illegal activity
- You will not be charged if you have been, or are, a Straight Talk customer
- Your unlock request will be accepted if you are deployed as part of the military
If you’re in line with the above conditions, then you’re good to go! Use the steps below to unlock your Straight Talk iPhone through the carrier.
Start to Unlock Straight Talk iPhone 5s/SE/6/7/8/X/XR/XS
Step #1 – Head over to the Straight Talk iPhone unlock page.
Step #2 – On this page, enter your device’s IMEI number as well as the serial number.
Step #3 – Check the “I’m not a robot” button and finally click on “Verify Eligibility”.
Step #4 – Within a few seconds you’ll be alerted as to whether you’re eligible for an iPhone unlock or not.
Based on past experience and user reviews, the Straight Talk iPhone unlock service is nowhere near reliable. It’s unlikely you’ll get anywhere with them and thus, we recommend another solution instead.
Alternative Methods to Unlock Straight Talk iPhone
Instead of asking the carrier to unlock your iPhone, which likely won’t work, here are 3 other methods to try.
Method #1 – Unlock Straight Talk iPhone with Software
First is the software route. While it isn’t the most reliable way of unlocking an iPhone, it’s one possible option. This type of solution simply makes changes to your iPhone’s firmware, but these aren’t permanent and can be overwritten.
Software unlocking is preferable over hardware unlocking, but IMEI unlocking is always the best method (which we’ll introduce later). Now, software locking is effective but most importantly, it’s only temporary.
Whenever you upgrade your iOS version or restore a backup, the iPhone will lock again. Given that this is a service you pay for, you’ll also lose the money too. Think of the software unlock as jailbreaking – you’ll get full access to your iPhone but as soon as you install a new iOS, it’s gone.
- Allow you to unlock your Straight Talk iPhone and switch to a different carrier.
- A good choice when the above Straight Talk unlock service cannot work.
- It’s temporary to unlock your Straight Talk iPhone, once your updated the iOS, your iPhone will be locked again.
- Only works for old models of iPhones. Such as iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6.
Method #2 – Unlock Straight Talk iPhone Through Hardware Unlocking (High Risk)
Having the hardware unlocked is another option you have but comes with a high risk. The main reason for such a risk is that when you unlock your Straight Talk iPhone via hardware, you’re actually adjusting the components of your iPhone.
Anyone who isn’t familiar with an iPhone’s hardware or who isn’t careful when making adjustments may brick the iPhone, making it completely unusable.
- It’s hard to say it will work all the time, but it’s another choice for straight talk iphone unlocking.
Regardless of the method you use (there are a few different ways to do hardware unlock), there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Interfering with an iPhone’s hardware instantly voids the warranty
- No matter how skilled you are, there’s always the risk of bricking your device
- The only people qualified to adjust an iPhone’s hardware are Apple technicians, nobody else
- Can only unlock Straight Talk iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
While this may be an effective solution, you can clearly see it’s risky. If you want to sell an old iPhone but wish to unlock Straight Talk iPhone first, try another method first.
Method #3 – IMEI Straight Talk iPhone Unlock Service (Best Choice!)
Finally, IMEI unlocking is without a doubt the best way to get around the Straight Talk iPhone unlock policy.
Unlike software and hardware unlocking, IMEI unlocking communicates directly with your carrier’s and Apple’s servers. This type of unlock offers the best chance of unlocking your iPhone regardless of the model, iOS version, or carrier, which means you can unlock any models of iPhone with it.
During this process, your iPhone’s IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number is whitelisted. This means the identifier is added to a list on both your carrier’s and Apple’s end which exempts your device from IMEI checks. Thus, eliminating the SIM lock that is placed on your iPhone!
Usually, this method is offered by professional websites for a small fee. There are no risks involved and all you have to do is hand over some basic device information, pay the charge, and wait.
- Permanently unlock your Straight Talk iPhone
- Supports all models of iPhone
- Won’t do any damage to your iPhone
- Unlock your iPhone with high success rate
- This usually talk 1-3 days to unlock
Top 2 IMEI Straight Talk iPhone Unlock Service
As we recommend the IMEI unlocking approach, here are 2 verified sites that offer a Straight Talk iPhone unlock service.
#1. DirectUnlocks Straight Talk iPhone Unlock Service
One great Straight Talk iPhone unlock service for unlocking iPhones is DirectUnlocks. Their IMEI unlock service makes the process straightforward and easy for multiple reasons:
- After placing an order to unlock your Straight Talk iPhone, you can track the progress
- All of the most recent iPhone models are supported, as well as various older models
- Capable of unlocking iPhone on a lot of carriers all over the world
- Over 1,000 positive reviews backing up how effective this service truly is
- 100% Money Back Guarantee: In the rare occasion that your iPhone can’t be unlocked, a refund will be issued
- Only requires your country, carrier network, and IMEI number to begin
Pricing varies slightly depending on where you live, although isn’t unreasonable by any means. All it takes is a few days of processing and your patience, and the professionals at DirectUnlocks will unlock your iPhone with ease.
Steps to Unlock Straight Talk iPhone 6
Note: we’ll be using DirectUnlocks Straight Talk iPhone unlock service for iPhone 6 as an example, but the process will not differ if you select another device.
Step 1. Go to DirectUnlocks Straight Talk iPhone Unlock page.
Step 2. Select your iPhone model (iPhone 6) and country. Then enter the IMEI number of it.
Step 3. Then click on “Continue” to pay for the service, you’ll need to offer your email address to receive the confirmation email.
After you pay for it, you can track your order according to your IMEI number and it will unlock your Straight Talk iPhone 6 within 24 hours.
#2. ExpressUnlocks Straight Talk iPhone Unlock Service
Another website you can check out is ExpressUnlocks which offers an IMEI Straight Talk iPhone unlock service too. Some notable benefits of using this site are:
- Permanently unlocks your iPhone
- Can unlock iPhones on almost any carrier worldwide
- If your iPhone isn’t unlocked from this service, then you can request a refund
- Works fast so that your iPhone is unlocked ASAP
- This is a simple service that doesn’t need you to be a professional to use it
- If you have any questions or issues with ExpressUnlocks, a support team is available 24/7
This site also offers a few other services too. You can retrieve a free IMEI status report, top up your iPhone if you are in a different country and need more credit, and buy SIM cards. On top of being a great IMEI unlocking service, ExpressUnlocks can benefit you in several other ways too.
There you have it! Now you can unlock Straight Talk iPhone and remove carrier limitations from your device. IMEI unlocking is definitely the best option and we’ve given you two fantastic websites that will resolve this problem for you. Nonetheless, if an IMEI unlock doesn’t yield the results you wanted, consider a temporary software unlock or hardware unlock instead.