Looking to break free from Xfinity Mobile’s limited plans and explore new carrier options? Our comprehensive guide shows you how to unlock your Xfinity Mobile phone, granting you the freedom to switch carriers and use your phone without restrictions.
Understandably, being tethered to one carrier can be limiting, especially when you’re looking to switch networks or use different SIM cards for travel or better deals. Unlocking your Xfinity phone opens the door to greater flexibility and freedom, allowing you to choose the network provider that suits your needs.
This guide is meticulously designed by professionals knowledgeable in mobile technology, ensuring you receive clear, precise instructions. While we don’t offer unlocking services, our expertise lies in delivering reliable information to help you unlock various Xfinity Mobile devices, including iPhone, Samsung, LG, and more, with confidence.
Part 1. Things to Do before Xfinity Mobile Unlocking
Before you move on with the Xfinity phone unlock process, you will have to take care of two basic things. Here they are:
Step 1: Find the IMEI
Every phone has a dedicated IMEI. Whether you are using an iPhone or a Samsung smartphone, they will have an IMEI number. If you know how to find it, be ready with it; if not, then there are multiple ways to find the IMEI number.
Just click on the Settings option of your device. If you are using an iPhone, go to the General option and click on the About option. Scroll down a bit, and you will find the IMEI number.
If you are using an Android phone, click on the gear icon to open the settings page. Now, click on the About phone tab. Next, you will see the Status option with IMEI and IP; please click on that, and there you go, you have found the IMEI number.
Step 2: Check Blacklist Status
Besides finding the IMEI, you will also have to make sure that your device is not in the blacklist status. If your device is reported as stolen or lost (blacklisted), unlocking the Xfinity phone will be impossible.
The best way to find out if your phone is blacklisted or not is by using a 100% accurate IMEI Checker that works for both iPhones and Android phones. There you will have a proper breakdown of details about your device. This will include your phone’s model, blacklist status, locked carrier, warantty status, and more. Here is the sample:
- Model Description: IPHONE 14 PRO DEEP PURPLE 512GB-USA
- Model: iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Model Region: United States
- SIM Card: Dual eSIM Only
- IMEI Number: 358********9718
- IMEI2 Number: 358********2671
- Serial Number: KWJ***63CJ
- Country: United States
- Find My iPhone: OFF
- Blacklist Status: Clean
- Sim-Lock: Locked
- Carrier: US Xfinity Mobile Only – All Others Blocked
- Next Tether Policy: 2389
- Activation Status: Activated
- Warranty Status: Apple Limited Warranty
- Coverage Start Date: 17 Sep 2022
- Estimated Purchase Date: 17 Sep 2022
- Telephone Technical Support: Active
- Repairs and Service Coverage: Active
- Warranty Expiration Date: 16 Sep 2023
- Warranty Expires in: 34 days
- AppleCare Eligible: No
- Registered Device: Yes
- Replaced Device: No
- Loaner Device: No
- Demo Unit: No
Then, once you are sure that your mobile phone isn’t blacklisted, you can carry on with the next section.
Part 2. Tested Methods to Unlock Your Xfinity Mobile Phone
#1. Contact Xfinity Mobile: Free, But Up to 15 Days
To unlock Xfinity Mobile directly through their support, you need to know if you’re eligible to do this.
Let’s take a look at the criteria for unlocking your Xfinity Mobile phone:
- Your phone has to be an Xfinity Mobile device.
- Your phone should be with you and shouldn’t be reported as stolen or lost. If your phone is involved in fraudulent activity, you won’t be able to unlock it.
- You must have paid the entire payment for your device before requesting for unlocking. In case your phone is on a device payment plan; unfortunately, you won’t be eligible.
- In case your phone was active on another account, the payment must be clear for it.
- The user must pay at least one billing cycle in full for using Xfinity Mobile service after buying the phone.
- After activating your phone, it should be used for at least 60 days.
- The Xfinity account should have a good track record.
- The device for which unlock is getting requested has to be under an authorized customer name.
Military members may want to unlock their Xfinity Mobile phone because of location transfer; here are the things that you need to keep in mind:
- Your phone has to be an Xfinity Mobile device.
- Your phone shouldn’t be reported as stolen or lost or involved in fraudulent activity.
- You must have paid the full payment for your device before requesting for unlocking.
- You must have received a deployment order or a permanent change of duty orders.
- To unlock, you must bring your military ID and the orders and visit a retail store. The agent will go through the papers and will update whether you are eligible for the unlock or not.
Steps to Follow
If you meet the eligibility requirement, then here are the steps that you will have to follow to unlock your Xfinity Mobile phone:
Step 1: After meeting the eligibility requirement, you will have to speak to the customer service of Xfinity. But if you are in the military, please visit the nearest store.
Step 2: The team will double-check if you meet the requirement and will confirm your eligibility. After that, they will offer a Xfinity Mobile network unlock code for free.
Step 3: To complete the unlocking process, you will have to insert a new SIM card. And then enter the network unlock code you received from Xfinity Mobile to unlock. Now, enjoy!
The most significant disadvantage of unlocking your phone this way is that it can take up to 15 days to unlock. If you don’t want to wait for 15 days, here’s another way to unlock your Xfinity Mobile phone.
#2. Xfinity Mobile Unlock Service: Paid But Within 24-hour
15 days is indeed pretty long. Want to unlock your Xfinity Mobile phone without Xfinity?
To take care of that, there is a third-party service that you can use, which is DirectUnlocks. This Xfinity Mobile unlock service will unlock your Xfinity Mobile phone within 24 hours.
I recently used DirectUnlocks for unlocking an Xfinity Mobile phone and was impressed by the service. Their process was straightforward and efficient, with clear instructions. What stood out was the speed of service – my device was unlocked much faster than expected. With a high customer satisfaction rating of 4.7/5 from over 16,000 reviews, my positive experience seems to align with that of many others. For anyone needing a reliable and quick unlocking solution, DirectUnlocks proved to be an excellent choice.
Here are some of the features of DirectUnlocks:
- DirectUnlocks can quickly help you unlock Xfinity Mobile and other carriers.
- The unlocking process is done by professionals.
- Your Xfinity Mobile will be unlocked within 24 hours (for Samsung phones, it will be within 6 hours).
- Once you place your order, you will be able to track your progress.
- If need be, you can avail of their iCloud Activation locks as well.
So, if you want to unlock Xfinity device without going through the trouble of contacting the service providing and gathering all the document, DirectUnlocks can be a good alternative for you.
Here are the steps that you will have to follow:
Steps to Follow
Step 1: The first thing that you will have to do is visit the official site of DirectUnlocks.
Step 2: Once done, enter the IMEI number. We have already shared how to search for that. Please follow those steps, find the IMEI number, and enter it in the search box that asks for the IMEI number.
Alternatively, you can dial *#06# to get the IMEI number.
Step 3: Then you need to click on the submit option.
After this, you will be redirected to another page where you will be able to see the overview of the order that you placed. Along with that, payment details will be shared with you as well.
As soon as you make the payment, the team will begin to work on the Xfinity Mobile to unlock it.
And within 24 hours, you can expect to receive a confirmation email of the unlock status.
And there you go; your Xfinity Mobile phone is unlocked without any hassle.
Part 3. FAQs About Xfinity Mobile Unlock
Can you unlock an Xfinity Mobile phone if you have not paid off?
If you go through the criteria page of Xfinity to unlock your phone, you will be able to read the eligibility requirements. In case you haven’t completely paid off, unlocking your device through Xfinity won’t be possible because that’s one of their strict criteria.
What is Xfinity Mobile network unlock code?
Xfinity Mobile network unlock code is a serial of numbers that can be used to unlock your mobile phone from network restrictions, so that you’ll be able to switch to another carrier network.
Xfinity won’t share an unlock code if you can’t meet their eligibility requirements above. If you’re eligible, Xfinity will send the unlock code to you. If not, you’ll have to use an Xfinity Mobile unlock service to get the code.
Once you get the Xfinity Mobile network unlock code, you need to remove the original SIM card that you are currently using first. Next, take another SIM card and insert it. You will see the Enter network unlock code message in a box. Just enter the network unlock code, and hit the Unlock option. Then you will be able to unlock your Xfinity Mobile phone permanently.
How long does it take Xfinity to unlock a phone?
Once your phone has been paid off, Xfinity will unlock your phone within 48 hours. However, in some cases, it may take up to 15 days.
Now you have both ways to unlock your Xfinity Mobile phone. One is through the service provider, and another is through DirectUnlocks.
It is pretty evident that using DirectUnlocks makes more sense because it lets you unlock the device within only 24 hours. On top of that, DirectUnlocks won’t trouble you with tons of questions. The process is simple, and trained professionals unlock your device.