Most of the people use a Vodafone phone in the UK as the service Vodafone offers is so convenience. However, it is not always user-friendly for them especially when their phones are locked to Vodafone.
That’s why we made this post- to help those who want to unlock Vodafone phone easily.
Here are the things you will learn from this guide:
- Part 1. FAQs about Vodafone Unlock
- Part 2. How to Unlock Vodafone Phone (iPhone, Samsung, Huawei…)
Let’s get started.
Part 1. Frequent Asked Questions about Vodafone Unlock
Q1. Why Vodafone lock my phone?
In fact, Vodafone locked all the pay monthly and pay as you go phones that bought after 2013. What’s more, if your phone is reported as stolen or lost (blacklisted), your handset will also be locked.
Note: If your phone is blacklisted, the normal ways won’t work. Here is everything you need to know about the blacklisted iPhone unlock.
Q2. How to know if my phone locked to Vodafone?
The simplest way is to insert a SIM card from another carrier to your phone. If the network shows normally on your handset and you can use it, then it is unlocked.
If not, your phone is locked. You’ll need a Vodafone unlock code to unlock your phone.
Don’t have a SIM card? Fear not, here is how you can check if your phone is locked without SIM card.
Q3. What is Vodafone unlock code?
Vodafone Network Unlock Code (NUC) is a code generated by the carrier to unlock handsets from Vodafone and make it accessible by other networks.
It will be generated according to IMEI number after receiving the unlock request, which means the Vodafone unlock code can only be used for the IMEI number-related phone .
Q4. Are there any limits to unlock Vodafone phone?
There’re indeed some requirements before sending a Vodafone unlock request.
For pay monthly users:
- You must have paid at least three bills since you got this device
- There is no overdue balance on your account
- You must have used the current Vodafone SIM card in your phone for at least 30 days
- Your phone is not blacklisted (reported as lost or stolen)
- The times of requesting Vodafone unlock code are less than 3 in the past 12 months
For pay as you go users:
- You’ve used the current SIM card with your handset for over 30 days
- Your handset is not blacklisted
- You haven’t requested three or more Vodafone unlock codes in the last 12 months
As you can see, it’s much easier to unlock Vodafone phone if you’re a “pay as you go” user.
For small business and large business/corporate users, just learn the requirements from the Vodafone unlock form.
Q5. How much does it cost to unlock a Vodafone phone?
There’re two types of Vodafone phone unlocking methods:
- Unlock with Vodafone unlock code (when you’re eligible to the above requirements)
- Unlock with third-party service (when you’re not eligible to request the unlock code)
The Vodafone unlock cost is different:
- Unlocking Vodafone phone with an unlock code is totally free for both pay monthly and pay as you go users.
- Unlocking with a third-party service will start from $19.9
Part 2. How to Unlock Vodafone Phone?
As discussed before, there’re two ways to unlock a Vodafone device, let’s begin with the free way first.
Method 1. Unlock with Unlock Code – This May Take a While
When you’re eligible to request an unlock code, here is how you can unlock your Vodafone phone.
Step 1. Go to the Vodafone phone unlock page. Click on the options it shows.
Step 2. After that, fill out the form it shows and click on Submit.
Step 3. Then you’ll receive an email to confirm your email address, click on Confirm your email.
After that, the free Vodafone unlock code generator (the support team) will start to unlock your phone. This usually take 2 to 10 working days before sending the unlock code via email.
Then you just follow the instructions it shows to use the unlock code to get your phone unlocked.
Cons of this method
- Two many limits before you’re eligible to unlock your device
- This is not a good choice for those who’re in a hurry to unlock phone
You can also watch the video guide for Vodafone phone unlocking:
Method 2. Unlock with Unlocking Service – Faster
When you found that you’re not eligible to request a free unlock code after filling out the Vodafone unlock form, then using a third-party service like DirectUnlocks will be your best choice.
Differing from the above method, unlocking with DirectUnlocks will only take 1-24 hours to complete.
So if you’re in a hurry to use your iPhone, this is also a good choice!
One of the most important things is that there is no limits to unlock your phone. You just offer the IMEI number, DirectUnlocks will help you unlock your device from Vodafone without any hassles.
How to Unlock Vodafone iPhone?
To show you how to use this service, we take our iPhone 6 as an example:
Step 1. Visit DirectUnlocks Vodafone unlock page.
Step 2. Choose the phone model, country of your device and enter the IMEI number. (Dial *#06# to get your IMEI number)
Step 3. Click on “Continue” and make a payment. DirectUnlocks will start to unlock your device.
As you can see, the steps are quite straightforward. You’ll be able to use your device for any carriers after 1-3 days!
Cons of this method
- If you live outside of the UK, IRELAND, USA, CANADA, SPAIN, FRANCE or SPAIN, then this service cannot work for you.
- It can only unlock iPhone & Samsung devices
If you’re eligible to unlock Vodafone phone with unlock code, just start from here. If you’re not or you just want to get your phone unlocked faster, we strongly recommend the DirectUnlocks as it’s the most universal and comprehensive way to free your iPhone from restrictive networks.