iCloud activation lock is a great security implantation that prevents hackers and thieves from accessing your iOS device. However, in certain circumstances, it’s bothersome and you might want to remove it.
Want to check the iCloud activation lock status of your iPhone but don’t know how? Don’t worry, we’ll be digging into the various iCloud check methods.
- Part 1. What is IMEI?
- Part 2. How to Check iPhone/iPad iCloud Activation Lock Status?
- Part 3. Verified Methods to Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone/iPad
- Part 4. How to Find your iPhone/iPad IMEI Number
Part 1. What is IMEI?
Every iOS device has a unique number assigned to it. Just like how every electronic that connects to the internet has a unique MAC Address, handheld devices have a similar ID: an IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number.
It can be useful to know what your device’s IMEI number is, especially when it comes to checking iCloud status or bypassing iCloud activation lock.
Part 2. How to Check iPhone/iPad iCloud Activation Lock Status
After rigorous research and testing, we found what we believe to be the 3 best solutions for iPhone/iPad iCloud check.
2.1 IMEI24 – Best Free iPhone IMEI iCloud Checker
First on the list is IMEI24, a straightforward and free solution to check iCloud activation lock status. All you need to do is type the IMEI into the box and the site will return some of your device’s details (including the iCloud lock status).
Features of IMEI24 iCloud Check
- Totally free to use
- Shows full information about your iPhone IMEI
- Results are shown in less than a minute
- Collects data from a public database
One feature that stands out on IMEI24 is being able to view useful warranty information about your iPhone.
After doing a iCloud lock check, you’ll have the option for iCloud activation lock removal (we haven’t tested whether it work or not).
2.2 iUnlocker iCloud Lock Checker
You can also use iUnlocker to check iCloud lock status. Like IMEI24, this site is really easy to use and all you have to do is enter the IMEI number of your device, click a button, and wait.
Features of iUnlocker iCloud Activation Lock Checker
- For users who don’t know how to get the IMEI number, instructions are shown
- After the iCloud lock check, you can proceed to unlock iCloud, but it’s a little more expensive – at least $109 (It remains to be seen if it will actually work )
- Shows whether or not your iOS device is registered with Apple Care
- Discovers if an iOS device has Find My iPhone enabled
This is another free option for checking your iCloud lock status. Once the check is complete, you can purchase access to a few extra details – the one downside of this site is that it is not completely free if you want to see all of the data the IMEI checker collects.
2.3 iFreeiCloud iCloud Activation Checker
Lastly, you can use iFreeiCloud to check the status of your iPhone/iPad’s activation lock. Even though this site is free and simple, it doesn’t show a lot of useful information.
Features of iFreeiCloud iCloud Status Check
- Shows if your device has ever been replaced by Apple
- Displays whether or not Apple Repair is active on your device
Compared to the other two, this site is a step-down. To access the more helpful information, like the lock status, you have to pay a fee. For that reason, we recommend one of the other sites which get the information you need without unnecessary fees.
Part 3. Verified Methods to Unlock Your iPhone/iPad if it is iCloud Locked
If, after doing an iCloud status check, you discover that your iPhone/iPad has an activation lock, here are some services/software you can use for permanent iCloud activation lock removal.
Removing an iCloud activation lock is best done with DoctorUnlock, a reputable and effective removal solution. DoctorUnlock offers a set of impressive features including the following:
- Can also be used as an IMEI checker
- Supports every iOS device and almost all carriers
- Affordable pricing
- Takes just 1-3 days to unlock iCloud
- After placing your order, you can track the iCloud unlock status
Now that you know what this site has to offer, here’s how to remove an activation lock with it.
Step #1 – On a computer, open the DoctorUnlock iCloud unlock page.
Step #2 – Select your iOS device from the drop-down menu and enter the IMEI number below.
Step #3 – Click “Unlock Now!” and follow the steps to submit your payment.
Step #4 – After your payment is processed, wait for up to 3 days and the device will unlock.
Paying a trained professional to remove the iCloud activation lock is always preferable over doing it yourself. With DoctorUnlock the process is taken care of remotely.
AppleiPhoneUnlock is another worthwhile service to check out. The process is similar to DoctorUnlock and after you do an iCloud IMEI check, you can remove an iCloud activation lock from all iOS devices regardless of the firmware version.
Unlike other tools, this website also supports Apple Watch!
A tool that is similar to DoctorUnlock is iRemove.tools which, similarly, permanently removes an iCloud activation lock.
What features does iRemove.tools have?
- Affordably priced based on your device
- Offers various unlock services
- Easy to use for less tech-savvy individuals
Are there any cons with it?
This process is a little complicated and you’ll need to download a tool. Here are a few downsides to using iRemove Tools.
- Only works with earlier iOS versions
- Some iPhone and iPod models are not supported
- Requires software installation
Follow the steps below to use this service for unlocking your iPhone.
Step #1 – Download and install the iRemove Tools software.
Step #2 – Launch the program, connect your device, and follow the on-screen steps to verify that your device can be unlocked.
Step #3 – If your iOS device is verified, you can then select a purchase option to use the software for unlocking your device’s iCloud lock.
Step #4 – After you complete the purchase you will be able to complete the unlock process with the software.
Part 4. How to Find your iPhone/iPad IMEI Number
You might be wondering, “How do I get my iPhone’s IMEI number?”. This is important to know considering you require this number to use any of the services above. Here’s how to get the number.
- iPhone 6S to iPhone XS Max. If you have one of these iPhone models, you can open the SIM tray and find the IMEI number printed on the tray itself.
- iPhone 5 to iPhone 6, and iPads. On these iPhone models, and iPads, you can simply turn the device around and read the IMEI number on the back.
- Activation Screen. If your iPhone is on the activation screen then simply tap on the small “i” icon to view the IMEI number.
- Using the Settings App. Ideally, just go to “Settings > General > About” and from here, you’ll see the IMEI number.
Given that every iOS device has the Settings app, this is generally the easiest way to view your IMEI number.
That’s everything you need to know about running an iCloud status check and if necessary, unlocking the activation lock. Hopefully, these tips help you out and you can regain full control over your iPhone/iPad!